Monday, February 27, 2012

Tips N' Tricks - Space Bags


Space Bags


I am really excited about this inexpensive find and hope it will help you on your upcoming vacation or even just around the house!  

My sweet little peanuts are constantly outgrowing clothes!  I feel like I am constantly pulling outfits from their everyday dressers that no longer fit.  Once my pile gets big enough it is time to find a solution.  Normally I buy those big storage containers and stack them in our attic, garage, or basement. 

I recently had been given a blessing of boy and girl clothes!  So, this time I needed to store them until the kids could fit into them.  I wanted to pick up the storage containers that would slide under our bed so I could access the clothes easier!  

I went to the store and after reviewing my storage container options; they just seemed short, narrow, and expensive.  I probably would have had to purchase 4 of them to fit my needs.  Then, I turned around and saw these lovely beauties!    
Space Bags!
Space Bags - I purchased this box that included 3 Large Bags

I had seen these advertised on TV some time ago, but just never felt I had the need for them!  I purchased mine from Target but found them on Amazon as well (See Link Below). 

I will absolutely be using these for packing the kids clothes for storage at home and on vacations from here on out!  Our next trip is in November and we will be bringing some warm clothes, just in case.  These bags will be great for our big sweatshirts, coats, and my sons favorite blankets!  

There are two options to removing the air from the bag.  You can vacuum seal it or roll it out/sit on the bag.  I personally used a vacuum to suck the air out.  I felt this provided an excellent seal!  Since we wouldn't have a vacuum at the resort, coming home I would just roll the bag up and remove the air manually. 

Hooray for Space Bags!

My Sons Clothes
Pin It
My Sons Clothes after Sealing!  You could store Upright too!

Or Flat!  Love It!

My Son and Daughter's clothes ready for storage under the bed!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment