Monday, April 16, 2012

Touches of Disney-Recipe

 Mickey Ear Cupcakes

 An Easy Treat to Eat!

 

I made these lovely little guys for my son's 2 year old Birthday Party!  They were way EASY and turned out to be a big hit!  They tied his Mickey theme together beautifully!

If you make end up making them Email me a Picture with your Name/Occasion and I will get it posted to the Blog!!

What You'll Need:
  • 1 box cake mix
  • 1 can frosting (I Recommend Chocolate)
  • 1 package regular oreos 
  • 1 to 2 packages of mini-oreos
  • Toothpicks
  • Red cupcake liners - Found mine at Micheal's
  • Punches from a whole-puncher
  1. Bake cupcakes according to packages instructions:  You can use any color/flavor but I find yellow cake mix to be the best!
  2. Allow to FULLY cool!  If need be, shape cupcakes by shaving a little off to make them round and uniform.
  3. In a food processor crush your cookies up.
  4. Put a thin layer of frosting on each cupcake- I recommend Chocolate so that the frosting doesn't show through at all under the Oreo's.
  5. Dip each cupcake in the cookie crumbs, making sure to cover all of the frosting.
  6. Using a toothpick gently slide one end into the mini-oreo and the other end into the cupcake.
  7. Glue 2 Yellow whole-punched circles on the front of each cupcake liner - I used a tweezers for this part.
Enjoy!

1 comment: